Resources & Opportunities
Discover how the Wright can support academics and campus.
Wright Museum staff are available to assist students show their academic work or gain experience working in a museum. Some of the resources that the Wright can provide include:
- Talk to museum staff about work-study opportunities.
- Develop a special project using the Wright’s collections.
- Propose an exhibition, either as a part of your Studio Art major or other project.
- Look for additional opportunities in the Career Channels, such as the Curating & Communicating channel.
- Consider pursuing a museum studies minor.
Students interested in using the Wright Museum to support their academic efforts—no matter their major field of study—are encouraged to meet with Joy Beckman (x2097) and Christa Story (x2095) to discuss project possibilities.
Wright Museum staff are available to assist faculty with integrating museum objects and learning strategies into their course curriculum. Some of the resources that the Wright can provide include:
- Guided tours of galleries and collections storage areas.
- Assistance with identifying objects useful to a faculty member’s teaching needs. Access our online database.
- Building the collection to support your curriculum. Faculty are encouraged to meet with museum staff to discuss possible acquisitions.
- Supervision of student special projects in collections research, museum education, or exhibition development/curation.
Parker Faculty Curator
The Wright Museum selects one faculty each year to become the Parker Faculty Curator.
Access to the Collections
Please contact Christa Story (x2095) to make an appointment to view or access collections. Several rooms are available at the museum for classes to meet and view requested objects.