Before entering the Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition, please read the information contained on this page. A print-ready version of this file can also be downloaded by clicking (here).
60th Annual Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition
Deadlines and Submission Instructions
Important Dates for 2017 Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition
- February 1: PDF of mail entry form available online (here).
- February 1: Online submission system available for entrants: Click Here
- March 30: All mail entries must be postmarked by this date.
- March 30: All online entries due.
- April 28: Notification of acceptance by mail or e-mail.
- May 19, 20, 21: Hand-delivery of accepted work to the Wright Museum, Beloit College. 11am - 3 pm.
- May 27: Opening for the 60th Annual Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition 4:30 – 6:30 pm. Award announcements at 5:30 pm.
- July 28, 29, 30: Pick up of exhibited work at Wright Museum of Art. All work not picked up by July 31, 2016 will be charged a $5 per day storage fee.
- For artists that work strictly in digital format, we are no longer requiring physical drop off of work that has been accepted into the show. For a small fee, we will reproduce, mat, and frame your digital artwork for the exhibition. Please contact Christa Story at email@example.com to inquire about this service.
- We will again be using Submittable.com to manage entries.
- Unlimited entries.
Beloit & Vicinity acknowledges generous contributions from Beloit College, Friends of the Wright, Visit Beloit, and the community.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. Entry fee is not refundable. Accepted works must be hand-delivered. The Wright Museum of Art accepts no responsibility for unpacking. No shipments will be received.
Awards for Beloit & Vicinity
- The Juror’s Award winner will have a gallery show the following year at the Wright Museum of Art.
- Prizes for 2nd and 3rd place will be given.
- A Peoples Choice Award will be presented at the opening. The winner will be featured on the front cover of the catalog the following year.
Winners will be selected after all accepted works have been received. The awards will be announced and presented at the opening.
The Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition is open to all artists residing in Wisconsin and neighboring states. Original works executed by the artist which have not been previously displayed in a Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition are eligible. Paintings, sculpture, prints, drawings, textiles, performance pieces, and photographs are accepted. No dimension of any work may exceed seven feet. No weight may exceed 150 pounds. Artists are limited to three entries.
Artists age 16-24 are invited to submit as “Beloit & Vicinity Emerging Artists”. Entries received in this age category will be juried by the same B&V jurors and will compete for "Best Emerging Artist" award. Their work will appear alongside regular B&V entries and be included in the catalog. Emerging artists pay a reduced entry fee of $7 per artwork.
- A non-refundable $15 jurying fee per artwork must accompany each entry.
- Students entering the Emerging Artists competition must submit a non-refundable $7 jurying fee per artwork.
Entry and Photo Submission by Mail
You may submit your entry information and photos of artwork either via the internet or by mail. If submitting by mail, you will need to download the entry form PDF and submit the completed form along with a CD/DVD of images. Slides will also be accepted, but will only be returned if accompanied with a self addressed stamped envelope. Checks for entry fees should be made payable to Beloit and Vicinity Exhibition. Cash will not be accepted.
Entry and Photo Submission Online
You may also choose to submit your entry over the internet by using our website. The online entry system will ask you to input your personal information, artwork information, and upload a digital photo for each artwork. You can also pay your entry fee on our secure site using a credit card. We strongly encourage artists to submit electronically as this cuts down on paperwork and eliminates the risk of misspellings in our catalog.
It is vital that images—whether submitted online or on CD/DVD—be of suitable quality in the event that the artwork is included in the color catalog. JPEG format is required if submitting online. Actual file sizes should be at least 1 megabyte per image.
Catalog and Advertising Materials
Entries accepted into the show will be included in the printed color catalog. Artists acknowledge that works included in the exhibition may be used by the Wright Museum of Art for advertising purposes. Catalogs will be available at the opening reception.
Direct entry forms submitted by mail to:
Beloit & Vicinity Exhibition
Wright Museum of Art – Beloit College
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Please contact Christa Story at 608-363-2095 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.