- Important tid bits to know:
- There will be no support groups during Spring Break These dates are March 8 and March 11, 2016
- We cannot make appointments via email request. Please call in or stop by..Thank you!
- Need a ride? Beloit College Enterprise Car Share
- Please bring your insurance card to your appointment.
- Please be courteous. If you cannot keep your appointment at the Health Center, please let us know so we can let someone else have that time. Thank you in advance. As you know, we are extremely busy and want to make sure to see as many as you as possible.
- Don't forget that we have S.A.D. lights! If you're feeling a bit under-the-weather make sure to stop by the Health and Wellness Center to get some light in your life!
- Student Assurance Services Website http://www.sas-mn.com/
This is the site to answer questions regarding your student insurance plan.
Please remember on the weekends we are closed. If you are really ill, you are reminded that you may call Security at 608-363-2355 and they can take you to either Convenient Care or the ER. There are also after hours cards outside the Health Center door. It gives you a complete list of providers you can see after hours and on the weekend.
First Aid Kit Supply List
You may experience some type of minor illness or injury while on campus. While you are getting supplies together to live away from home, we suggest you put together a personal medical supply kit to use for those scrapes, scratches, bug bites, etc.
The health center is available to help you with your medical concerns but, there are many times when you can care for yourself. Here is a suggested list of supplies:
- Analgesic (acetaminophen)
- Anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen)
- Saline nasal spray
- Antiseptic solution
- Cough drops, throat lozenges
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Adhesive tape
- Band-Aids in assorted sizes
- Elastic Bandage 3 or 4 inch
- Eye Glass Repair Kit (if you wear glasses)
- Gauze or other non stick pads
- Ice bag or cold pack (reusable)
- Safety Pins
- Thermometer (digital)
- Heating Pad
- Cold air vaporizer or humidifier
While the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine is not required to attend Beloit College, we strongly recommend you receive the vaccine before coming to campus. The lifestyle of a college student can contribute to the susceptibility of contracting meningitis. Students live and work in close proximity to each other in residence hall and classrooms. Their personal habits of poor sleep patterns and unhealthy eating contribute to a lower resistance to disease. The vaccine is very safe and adverse reactions are mild and infrequent, consisting primarily of redness and pain at the injection site that may last up to two days.
HPV Vaccine (Gardasil)
HPV vaccine is available in the health center. Please call 608-363-2331 for more details.
Students may receive the HPV vaccine at the campus health center. Your family physician may give us the order to administer the vaccine or you can make an appointment to see our physician and they will write the order. The cost of the vaccine will be billed to your insurance. The vaccine Gardasil my help prevent the diseases caused by some types of the virus. These include HPV type 16 and 18 that cause 70% of the cervical cancer cases. It will also help with the prevention of HPV type 6 and 11 which cause 90% of the Genital Warts cases.
New and transfer students
Please remember you must have completed and turned into the Health Center all pages of your health form and be in compliance with the College MMR requirement and the new State of Wisconsin Hepatitis B and Meningitis requirement before registering for classes.