Weissberg Conference Panel 2: "The Environment and Natural Resources"
Date: Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Time: 10:00 am
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Moore Lounge,
Sponsored by: Weissberg
Contact: Josh Moore, email@example.com
Weissberg Conference on Indigenous Rights: Facing the Past, Facing the Present
Panel 2: The Environment and Natural Resources
- Ashlee Cunsolo Willox, Cape Breton University. The Intersection of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples with Health and Environment
- Stan Stevens, University of Massachusetts Amherst. Indigenous Peoples' Land Use and their Struggles for Self-Determination and Sovereignty
- James Anaya, 2015 Weissberg Chair in Human Rights. Extractive Industries and Indigenous Rights: Perspectives from Serving as the U.N. Special Rapporteur on Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Al Gedicks, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. The GTac mine in Northern Wisconsin: Potential Impacts on the Environment and Indigenous Communities
- Juanita Cabrera Lopez, International Union for the Conservation of Nature. Extractive Industries in Guatemala
For more information, visit: https://www.beloit.edu/weissberg/chair/anaya/, www.beloit.edu/live.