Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome! Thank you for supporting your child's participation in the Upward Bound (UB) program. We know with your help and support, not only will your student be accepted to college, but will be successful there as well.
Here are some things to know. In order to remain a qualified UB participant, required attendance for the following activities must be met:
- Weekly Tutoring
- Monthly Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- 6-Week Summer Program
At any time during your child's participation in UB, students who do not meet these requirements can be dismissed. However, we have found that parents and guardians who support their students in the following ways have a signifcant impact on their students' success in the program:
- Provide or arrange transportation for your student to get to any UB activities.
- Whenever possible, honor your child's commitment to the program by not scheduling any activities that will conflict with any UB activities.
- Remind your student of her or his commitment to UB when she or he is presented with another activity to participate which may conflict.
- If your student is unable to attend an event, please communicate that to UB in a timely manner.
- Whenver you are able, please attend the special events with your student. Your attendance sends the message, "this is important and has value."
- Keep your contact information current.
The major objective of the Upward Bound program is to generate qualities, in our students, required to ensure success in their post-secondary education. This can only be met if the students and their families are involved and work proactively with Upward Bound staff. Thank you for being a part of your student's UB journey.
Please feel free to contact our office if you need further information or assistance.
Upward Bound Staff
Upward Bound/Beloit College
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Telephone: (608) 363-2725