We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Upward Bound Residential Summer Mentor
Upward Bound Teaching Assistant Summer Mentor
UPWARD BOUND RESIDENTIAL SUMMER MENTOR:
This position is a live-in position for the 2-week residential component of Beloit College's Upward Bound Summer Program. Residential Summer Mentors live in a Beloit College residence hall with Upward Bound participants all while providing supervision, community building activities, mentoring and guidance to Upward Bound students. The mentor is responsible for providing learning opportunities to support students’ academic and personal needs, supervision for the health and safety of participants, and assistance with disciplinary issues.
Dates of employment: July 10th-July 21st, 4 pm to 10 am (Not including training the week before Move-in)
UPWARD BOUND TEACHING ASSISTANT SUMMER MENTOR:
This position is for a classroom teaching assistant for the 5-week academic component of Upward Bound's Summer Program. Teaching Assistant Summer mentors will be responsible for disciplinary support within the classroom, learning opportunities to support students’ academic and personal needs, supervision for the health and safety of participants, and support for professional staff.
Dates of employment: June 15th-July 21st, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Not including training the week of June 12th)
- 2 years of college experience preferred
- Leadership experience in high school and/or college
- Experience working with youth
- Working in a residential setting or similar program as Upward Bound preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, self – initiative, and professional boundaries
- Previous tutoring experience and similar background as participants preferred
- 3.0 GPA minimum is required
- Applicants should be responsible and mature
- Have enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Have a friendly demeanor
- Must have excellent character, integrity, and adaptability.
- Have the desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere
Please refer all the questions to Cruz Rodriguez (email@example.com)