We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Summer Mentor Position
June 13, 2018 – July 24, 2018
Beloit College Upward Bound is a pre-collegiate program working to generate the skills and motivation necessary for low income, first generation high school students to complete a college degree. Upward Bound consists of an academic year component and a six-week summer session of academic and cultural enrichment for 80 sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Mentors are the primary caregivers for each participant for the duration of the 6-week summer component. This position is a classroom tutor for the duration of the 6 weeks and a live-in position for the last three weeks all while providing supervision, activities, mentoring and guidance to Upward Bound students. The Mentor is responsible for providing learning opportunities to support students’ academic and personal needs, supervision for the health and safety of participants, and assistance with disciplinary issues.
- 2 years of college experience preferred
- Leadership experience in high school and/or college
- Experience working with youth
- Working in a residential setting or similar program as Upward Bound preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, self – initiative, and professional boundaries
- Previous tutoring experience and similar background as participants preferred
- 3.0 GPA minimum is required
- Applicants should be responsible and mature
- Have enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Have a friendly demeanor
- Must have excellent character, integrity, and adaptability.
- Have the desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere Academic Coordinator700 College StOffice: (608) 363-2723
- Beloit, WI 53511
- Beloit College Upward Bound
- Sarah Weiss
Upward Bound Summer Mentor application should be filled out and turned into our Academic Coordinator, Sarah Weiss at our office, 725 Chapin St. (next to OIE) OR emailed to email@example.com. Preference will be given to those who meet job qualifications. Application deadline: until filled.
Questions? Contact Sarah at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-363-2723.