Registration & Fees
To enroll in Beloit Block or Summer Mod courses on campus or online, simply follow these two steps:
Register for the class.
If you are a Beloit student, go to Portal and select your course under “Summer Term.” Deadline for Registration and deposit is four weeks before the start of classes. Students can register for one Summer Block or up to two Summer Mods. (Summer Financial Aid is available for those enrolled in 1.5 units or more).
- Pay a $300 deposit to secure your spot. After you register on Portal, you will have one week to pay your deposit electronically via TMS Payment Portal. After one week, if you have not yet paid your deposit, your student account will be charged $300.
Tuition and Costs
- The cost of tuition for all Summer Blocks and Summer Mods is $2,400.
- Textbooks are not included in the cost of tuition.
International Block (suspended for Summer 2021)
To participate in the faculty-led International Block course, simply follow these two steps:
Register for the class.
If you are a Beloit student, go to Portal and select your course under “Summer Term”.
- Pay a $1,000 deposit to secure your spot. After you register on Portal, you may pay your deposit electronically via TMS Payment Portal. The deadline for deposits is February 13. If you are enrolled but have not paid your deposit by the deadline, your student account will be charged $1,000.
Tuition and Costs: No International Blocks will be offered in Summer 2021, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Non-refundable enrollment deposit
All students who enroll in a summer block course must pay a deposit to confirm their registration. The deposit for a regular course is $300 and for an international course is $1,000. This helps us know that you are committed and that if a class meets its minimum enrollment requirement, we can confirm it, and the professor and students can make plans.
Withdrawal Policies for International Blocks
Students who withdraw before May 1st will be entitled to a full refund of their deposit. Students who withdraw after those dates will be charged for their full deposit plus any non-recoverable expenses.
Withdrawal Policies for On-Campus Blocks
Students who withdraw for on-campus courses four weeks before the start of classes will have their deposit reimbursed. Students who drop after the registration period ends will lose their deposit.
Course cancellation policy
If a course has not met the minimum enrollment number four weeks before the start of the program, the college may cancel the course. If this occurs, any fees paid will be returned to the students enrolled in that particular course unless students wish to transfer into another Beloit Blocks course.
In the event that courses must be cancelled due to safety concerns, students will also receive a full refund of their deposit.
After classes begin, appropriate refunds of tuition, room and board will be made on a prorated basis following the standard refund schedule in the Beloit College Catalog.
- Drop in the first week of class: 80% refund
- Drop in the second week of class: 50% refund
- No refund after the last day of the second week.
- Drop in the first week of classes: 80% refund
- Drop in the second week of classes: 60% refund
- Drop in the third week of classes: 40% refund
- Drop in the fourth week of classes: 20% refund
- No refund after the last day of the fourth week.