Whether you come to study Chinese, Japanese, or Russian, our program guarantees immersion - you will live the language as you learn it!
- Flexible: 3.5 or 7-week sessions
- Intensive: 22 hours classroom instruction weekly, plus tutorials
- Multiple Levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Language Immersion: Practice skills over lunch and dinner in relaxed settings, while living on a picturesque college campus.
- Cultural immersion: Experience a variety of well-structured arts enrichment activities
- Singular focus: Concentrate on learning a language by living with it.
Who Should Attend?
CLS is for those preparing to study or work abroad, for students taking exams or conducting research in a different country, for professionals seeking to open new doors, and for all those who welcome the challenge of achieving fluency in a critical language.
Participants are from a variety of backgrounds and career paths, from high school juniors to college professors, from entrepreneurs to engineers, and from educators to lawyers.
Ideal for Teachers
CLS takes place each summer from mid-June through early August. This is an excellent opportunity for educators from K-12 and beyond to earn professional development hours. Even if you can only join us for the first 3.5 week session, by the time you leave, you will have completed nearly 100 hours of classroom work in addition to 50+ hours outside the classroom.
We welcome commuters and will work with your schedule to ensure your success. Please contact our staff if you have specific questions about commuting to our campus.