Skip Navigation

Student Employment Forms

Policies and Procedures

State and federal regulations require certain documents and procedures be followed in order to be authorized for work.

Prior to the first day of employment, students must submit the following forms to the Human Resources Office.  Students new to Beloit will have an opportunity during New Student Days to complete these items.

If you are under 18 years of age, you must obtain a work permit from the State of Wisconsin.  Information to obtain a work permit can be found here.

What Forms Do I Need to Complete Before I Can Begin Working on Campus?

The following forms need to be on file in the Human Resources/Payroll Office BEFORE you begin working. Employment forms completed as an incoming student are valid until you leave Beloit College.

  • Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
    Form I-9, required by the Department of Homeland Security, mandates you to bring specific documents to Beloit College as proof of age and/or Identification and eligibility to work. Photocopied or faxed documents are not allowed. Click here for a description of the acceptable documents that students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents typically bring to Beloit to complete the I-9 form. Additional acceptable forms are listed here. International students (non-resident aliens) must provide a valid passport, a validated I-20 or DS-2019 form, and an I-94 entry card.
  • Federal Form W-4 Tax Withholding Form
    All your student earnings are subject to federal withholding tax. Click here to access a fill-in copy of the required federal Form W-4.
  • Wisconsin Tax Withholding Form
    Beloit College will withhold Wisconsin state income tax from your pay unless you claim exemption from withholding as a resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Michigan by completing Form W-220 available here.

    Beloit College will withhold Wisconsin tax from your pay using the same number of allowances you select on your federal Form W-4 unless you direct us to do otherwise by completing a Wisconsin Form WT-4 available here.

  • Illinois Tax Withholding Form
    Illinois residents are subject to Illinois state income tax withholding and must complete form IL-W-4 available here.
  • Wisconsin Work Permit for Students Who Are Under the Age of 18
    If you are a minor when you arrive at Beloit College, you cannot work without first obtaining a Wisconsin Work Permit. The Human Resources/Payroll Office is authorized to issue this to you. Click here for a Work Permit Application form. Click here for a list of additional documents you will be expected to provide.
  • Beloit College Student Authorization for Direct Deposit
    All students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit. This allows Beloit College to electronically deposit all Payroll, Financial Aid, and Accounts Payable payments directly into your existing bank or credit union account. Click here for the direct deposit form and instructions.

    To verify the ownership and accuracy of your bank account information, you must provide a document with the name of your bank, your bank’s routing number, your account number, and your name printed on it. Handwritten documents are not acceptable. Documents that will satisfy this requirement:

    1. Voided Check – a blank check with the word “VOID” written across it.
    2. Paper account owner ID card containing your account number. Your bank most likely issued this when you opened your account. This is not the same as your debit or ATM card.
    3. A document from your bank that contains all the required information. You should be able to obtain this from their customer service desk.

Are There Any Other Forms I Need?

  • Student Employment Authorization Card
    When all of your employment and financial aid paperwork is verified and approved, you will be issued a yellow Employment Authorization Card. You may not begin working until you receive this card.
  • Student Employment Online Time Card
    When you have been approved to begin working, you will be able to access your online time card through The Portal, where you can record the hours that you work. You will verify your hours twice a month and your supervisor will then approve the time card for submission and payment.
  • Student Payroll Schedule
    Student paydays are typically the 15th and the 30th/31st of each month. Direct deposit notification forms are posted in the Portal.