Current Student Job Opportunities
Learning Enrichment and Disability Services - Tutor
- Complete Job Description (PDF):
The LEADS office is looking for Organizational Tutors for the Fall 2016 semester.
Organizational Tutors will be matched with students with disabilities who qualify for this accommodation based on documentation which supports the need for assistance with executive functioning skills and related areas. The goal of the organizational tutor is to assist students in learning college-level organizational skills so that eventually the student with the disability will be able to function independently. Organizational Tutors will meet with their assigned student 1 – 3 times per week for one semester with the goal of reducing the student’s dependency on the Organizational Tutor.
Review the above document and this informational PDF specifically for Organizational Tutors for more details about the position.
Organizational Tutors will:
- Assist the student in initiating tasks.
- Help the student remain focused on completing academic tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist the student in mapping out and/or taking steps to take to complete academic tasks.
- Assist the student in organizing his/her environment and materials.
- Assist the student in locating and organizing a study area (typically a low-distraction study area).
- Talk through ways of planning and organizing and assist student in following through on plans.
- Demonstrate organized note-taking skills.
- Encourage students to obtain a subject specific tutor, a writing center tutor or set up a study group when appropriate.
- Help students find a low-distraction area for studying.
- Walk the student through basic stress management and coping skills as needed; refer to the counseling center as needed.
Applications will be accepted through the semester, but interviews and training will be made on an “as need” basis. Most interviews and training will be held one semester PRIOR to the semester in which the OT will be assigned tutees.
Learning Enrichment and Disability Services
Pearsons, 2nd floor, north side
Mondays – Fridays, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Students must apply in person in the Office.
For faculty recommendations, faculty may email email@example.com, stop by the Office or call (608) 363-2572 to make recommendations.