Student Success, Equity & Community
Ensuring that all Beloit students can live, learn, and thrive in an equitable, inclusive community.
The Student Success, Equity, and Community staff are invested in and committed to working with students from different backgrounds and demographics in their pursuit of the educational experience that is required in today’s world. Our office works to ensure that ALL students have an equitable and inclusive space and place to live and learn at Beloit College. Our programs and initiatives are designed to create an inclusive community that challenges all students, faculty, and staff to think critically, broaden their global knowledge and to be the leaders in this changing society.”
We do this by:
- Providing targeted, asset-based programming to ensure all students have an equitable, inclusive space and place to live and learn at Beloit College.
- Supporting student efforts to challenge dominant understandings of what is considered academic as a means to create more equitable institutional opportunities for underserved and underrepresented students.
- Re-envisioning pedagogy and recognizing the validity and importance of student lived experiences, with the goal of creating inclusive classrooms through an equity asset-based framework.
- Working with faculty and staff to embed an equity asset-based framework in curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Establishing benchmarks and measuring progress through purposeful and ongoing research and assessment of campus activities around diversity, inclusiveness, and equity.
Sustained Dialogue Meets World
Step up, step back, respect the silence, assume best intentions; these are the norms that many seasoned participants of Sustained Dialogue at Beloit College have deeply ingrained into their everyday dialogue practices.more