The Powerhouse is the heart of our campus community.
The newly renovated powerplant now houses our student union and athletic center. It’s where our artists, athletes, and every one of our multi-hyphenate Beloiters in between meet, eat, play, and practice.
The 120,000-square-foot facility features theater, classroom, and meeting spaces. There’s also a running track, 8-lane competition swimming pool, and plenty of other areas to work out and rest up.
Until renowned architect and MacArthur Fellow Jeanne Gang of Studio Gang transformed the space, it was what you might expect - an electric power generator.
The Powerhouse is a first-of-its-kind facility in the country - preserving a historical building while combining student life spaces and recreational facilities.
A student union and an athletic facility, featuring stunning architecture.
- Collaborative meeting rooms/seminar rooms/work tables
- Informal gathering spaces, nooks, hang-out space
- Indoor running/walking track
- Signature lecture hall/theater for presentations/films/receptions
- Competitive pool
- Fieldhouse with artificial turf floor
- Conference center
- Multiple fitness spaces
- Outdoor decks over the Rock River
- Health & Wellness Center