Safety & Security
We foster a safe, secure campus for the Beloit community.
The common good
Beloit’s small size and friendly atmosphere make most people quickly feel at home. The College Security Office helps build a safe campus community, underpinned by mutual respect, so our students can focus on their academic goals and personal growth.
We’re in this together
We have a zero-tolerance policy for violence. We encourage you to let us know about any behavior that makes you or others feel unsafe. We also have strong partnerships with the City of Beloit’s public safety departments. Local fire and police stations are just a mile away.
Safety and security measures on campus include:
- Security officers available around the clock, 365 days a year
- 20 emergency phones in public spaces across campus
- On call staff available 24/7 to offer immediate assistance.
- A college notification system to send real-time alerts through voicemail, text, email, and social media in an emergency
- Emergency evacuation maps posted prominently in all dorms
- Extensive support resources for victims of sexual assault, including confidential counselors and community advocates
- Security cameras in public spaces to deter crime
- Outdoor entrances to residence halls locked 24/7
Learn more about our safety policies.