What is Summer Bridge?
The Summer Bridge program at Beloit College is a fun and educational college 2 week orientation program designed to provide a smooth and successful transition to college. Students live on campus, attend daily workshops, participate in cultural events, and make life-long friends.
What do you do at Summer Bridge?
- Tour the campus
- Start first college courses
- Explore the city
- Meet key faculty and staff
- Attend valuable workshops
- Bond with other participants and peer mentors
- Attend fun social and cultural enrichment events
- Learn what SSS can do for you
What are the benefits?
- Develop personal, academic, and social skills necessary for college success
- Earn college credits
- Learn Beloit College standards and expectations
- Complete assessments that will help you set and achieve your goals
- Create a network of faculty, staff, and peer connections in a supportive environment
- Meet your peer mentors and bond with other first-year students
- Get a head start on learning about the campus and surrounding community
- Enjoy social and cultural enrichment opportunities
When is it?
Two weeks before New Student Days
Dates: August 2-17, 2015
What does it cost?
Nothing – It is FREE!
Who will be there?
Summer Bridge is for first-year students admitted to the Student Support Services program at Beloit College.
Where will I live?
You will live in the dorms at Beloit College.
Where do I go for more information?
For additional information please contact a member of our staff at:
“I am really grateful that I decided to attend Summer Bridge. . . I got a lot more than I expected! I met a variety of staff members and made a lot of great friends. (The) whole experience prepared me for my first week in college. Unlike other students, I already knew where to go. All the activities were a lot of fun. I highly recommend incoming students to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Trust me, you won't regret it!”
-- Diana P. ‘14