Beloit College's Sanger Science Center is a high performance building whose design, construction and lifetime of operation reflects a deep dedication to sustainability.
As a green building, Beloit's Science Cener reflects careful consideration of the:
- Exterior environment including landscaping, storm water management, heat island effect and light pollution
- Water use in landscaping and building use
- Energy use
- Atmospheric emissions
- Building material source, composition, and recyclability
- Quality of the indoor environment for occupant safety and comfort
- Utilization of the building as teacher provides opportunity for faculty and student research as well as interpretation and outreach
Beloit's Sanger Science Center achieved a Platinum level LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification. The LEED Green Building Rating System insures that a building project meets strict sustainability and performance standards.
This LEED™ certified building provides educational, institutional, community and economic benefits for students, faculty, staff, and the broad network of Beloit's alumni and friends.