Science at Beloit
Any way you measure it, Beloit College provides distinguished education in the sciences and mathematics. We have a talented faculty committed to hands-on and collaborative learning, innovative research, and equity in the sciences and mathematics. Our science faculty seeks to inspire all Beloit College students to a high degree of scientific understanding.
Why study Science at Beloit?
- Beloit is among the top 10 percent of private colleges producing graduates who earn Ph.D.'s in mathematics, physical, and life sciences.
- Beloit ranks 11 among 519 private baccalaureate colleges in the nation in producing graduates who earn earth science Ph.D.'s.
- Beloit College is a member of WiscAMP (Wisconsin Alliance for Minority Participation) that strives to make minority students successful in their Math/Science studies and career goals. These efforts provides several programs and eligible students are encouraged to participate. Further details are on the Beloit College WiscAMP page.
- Beloit College is a national leader in reinventing science education through its involvement in the BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium, ChemLinks Coalition, and Keck Geology Consortium.
- Alumni scientists hold prominent positions in academia, industry, and health-related fields.
- Many non-science majors pursue careers in which science plays a central role.