FINAL GRADING AND GRADE VERIFICATION PERIOD: FALL 2018
No transcripts will be issued for currently enrolled students during the final grading and grade verification period,
Thursday, Dec. 13 through Sunday., Jan. 6.
Grades for Fall 2018 will not be considered final until the Registrar posts a confirmation notice in the Portal.
BELOIT COLLEGE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS
SATURDAY, DEC. 22, 2018 THROUGH WEDNESDAY, JAN. 2, 2019.
ANY TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS RECEIVED DURING THIS TIME PERIOD
WILL BE PROCESSED BEGINNING ON MONDAY, JAN. 7, 2019.
Permanent records are confidential between the student and the College. A student may request transcripts of his or her permanent academic records at any time; however, transcripts will not be released without the student's authorizing signature and approval from the Accounting Office. All financial obligations to the College must be arranged to the satisfaction of the Accounting Office before a transcript may be prepared for a student. Requests for transcripts must be presented in writing to the registrar, giving notice of at least one week. Official transcripts will be furnished for a fee of $5.00 per transcript. Extra fees apply if requested via the internet option or if overnight/express delivery is needed.
Where/how can I get an official transcript?
Official transcripts of academic records are provided to current and former students of Beloit College. By federal law, transcripts cannot be released to anyone without prior written authorization from the student. Telephone requests cannot be honored.
Official transcripts may be ordered in the following ways:
- Internet, at National Student Clearinghouse, using a credit card. There is a service charge attached to this service.
- In person, at the Office of the Registrar, fill out the transcript request form and make payment by cash, check, or money order ($5 per transcript).
- By mail, either print and complete the on-line Transcript Request Form OR send a handwritten or typed request to the Office of the Registrar.
- The handwritten or typed request must include your name and other names used, dates of attendance or graduation date, date of birth, social security number, current mailing address, email, and phone number (so we can contact you if there are any problems in processing the request). The request must be signed.
- Also include name and address of the recipient, if the transcript is to be mailed to someone other than yourself.
- Make check or money order payable to Beloit College ($5 per transcript).
- Mail transcript requests, along with payment, to:
Office of the Registrar
700 College Street
Beloit WI 53511
NOTE: If a Beloit College office (e.g. Accounting) has placed a "hold" on your student record, a "release" from the office placing the hold will be required before an official transcript may be provided. It is the requestor's responsibility to notify the Registrar's Office when a hold has been cleared.
How soon will my transcript be mailed after you receive my request?
Transcripts are mailed within 5 business days after the request is received. The exception to this would be if you have not met your financial obligation to the College. (see NOTE above)
If you ordered your transcript via National Student Clearinghouse, you may use the transcript order status tool to track your order.