Registration Guidelines for Returning Students
REGISTRATION/ADD/DROP UPDATE FOR SPRING 2019
Check your Spring schedule in the Portal to make sure you are properly registered for all of your courses for this term. Contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions.
You must be registered for a minimum of 3.00 units by the end of the day on Friday, January 25 in order to be considered a full-time student.
NEW PROCEDURE: Online add/drop registration in the Portal will re-open on Monday, January 21 at 8:00 am and will remain open through Friday, January 25.
So, you yourself may be able to make changes in your schedule online during this week. The following restrictions apply**:
- Use an add/drop card to register for an overload (more than 4.75 units).***
- Use an add/drop card to register for a course that you previously failed.
- Use an add/drop card to register for TA credit.
- Use a special project contract form to register for a special project.
- Use an internship contract form to register for an internship or the internship workshop.
**Blanks cards and forms are available in the Registrar’s Office and require the signature of your advisor and the instructor/sponsor. Other required signatures are indicated on the forms. Return completed cards and forms promptly to the Registrar’s Office.
***No student may register for more than 4.75 units prior to the first day of classes in any given term. If you want to take more than 4.75 units, read the course overload policy to determine whether or not you need to petition to take an overload; this is determined by your cumulative grade point average.
After January 25, all regular course registration changes will need to be made using an add/drop card. A late fee may apply. See Drop-Add Procedures.
Note these important deadlines:
· Friday, January 25 Last day to add full-term or first module course
· Friday, February 8: Last day to drop first module course
· Wednesday, March 20: Last day to drop full-term course
· Friday, March 22: Last day to add second module course
· Friday, April 5: Last day to drop second module course
· See Academic Calendar for Spring 2019 for additional important dates.
*******************see Useful Resources below****************