Advice from Former Students
After our students graduate and leave Beloit, they often say something along the lines of "Gee, I wish I had -------."
Here are some of the things they've told us.
* I wish I had learned how to use SPSS.
* I should have gone on the Estonia/Morocco program!
* I wish I had done an internship.
* I should have paid more attention in Statistics and Research Methods because now I need to use that stuff.
* I wish I had done more leadership kinds of things, like being an R.A. or an officer of a club.
* I wish I had started planning sooner for "after Beloit."
* I wish I had gotten to know the professors earlier and more actively sought their advice about opportunities for research, preparation for grad school, and careers in psychology.
* I wish I had done a Special Project.
* I should have gotten information about graduate schools during my junior year.
* I wish I had made a presentation at Student Symposium.
* I wish I had realized that you don't have to go to grad school in psychology just because you're a psych major.