Welcome to the Psychology Department at Beloit College!
Please use the menu to the left to learn more about the program, including major requirements, student opportunities, and the faculty.
- Welcome back students!
- Several Psychology majors spent their summers in Beloit, including: Andreea Hrehorciuc Caragea '17 as part of the Sanger Summer Scholars Program, Lydia Abraham '18 as part of the McNair Scholars Program, and Sasha Duquaine '18 as part of the Sustainability Fellows Program.
- Congratulations to senior PSYC major Staci Gusakova '16, who was recently elected to Phi Beta Kappa, the premier honor society for college students, and who was also awarded the Bingham Award for her outstanding work in Psychology.
- Congratulations to sophomore PSYC majors Graham Riggs and Josie Hirsch who were awarded the Tawney Prize for their promise in Psychology at the May Honors Day ceremony.
- In April 2016, the department hosted Dr. Lynn Liben, Distinguished Professor of Psychology at The Pennsylvania State University who gave two presentations on her research in gender science and education.
- Congratulations to the students who presented at the Spring Symposium on April 14th - Alice Gehrke, Paula Green, Staci Gusakova, Sarah Keller, Melissa Korniejczuk, Katia Nonet, Griffin Salisbury, Charles Spalding, Hailey Stevenson, Kayla Syrocki, & Alison Wood.
- In May, Seniors Staci Gusakova and Sarah Keller presented their senior thesis research in the Psi Chi poster session at the Midwest Psychological Association Meeting in Chicago.
- Several soon-to-be and recent graduates have been accepted into graduate schools, including:
- Staci Gusakova'16, will be attending the University of Michigan for a Ph.D. in Personality and Social Contexts
- TingTing Fan '15, will be attending the University of Pennsylvania for a MA in Human Development
- Max King '14, will be attending UW- Milwaukee for a Ed.S. (education specialist degree) in School Psychology
- Bethany Kosmicki '12, will be attending Temple University for a Ph.D. in Sociology
Other recent news:
- Exploring Drama Therapy: Performance and Workshop
- Alice Gehrke led a drama therapy interest group in Spring '16. She, together with her team, performed a short showcase of the work they have done, followed by a workshop in drama therapy basics.
Information about our alumni:
- Danielle Blazek ’10 , is a Ph.D. student in the Social Psychology program at Claremont Graduate University in California. Danielle will present a research poster at the Association for Psychological Science meetings in Chicago at the end of May.
- Jamie Eversage ’12, and her husband Jonathan live on the island of Kauai in Hawaii. Jamie and Jonathan met at an ashram in India. In Hawaii, they operate a small business, selling handmade organic chocolates.
- Hannah McNamee ’15 , is a project manager at Epic Systems in Verona, Wisconsin. She oversees the implementation of Epic’s medical records software at hospitals.