- Complete your federal income tax forms as early as possible.
- Have your completed tax forms accessible when filling out the FAFSA; you will need to refer to them.
- Fill out the FAFSA completely. If an income or asset question is not applicable to your family situation, enter a "0". Do not leave it blank; do not enter a dash; do not enter "n/a"
- Indicate that Beloit College (code # 003835) is to receive your FAFSA results.
- If you are unsure how to answer a FAFSA question, call our Admissions Office (608-363-2500). We're happy to help ensure that the form is completed correctly.
- If possible, please make use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This transfers the appropriate IRS information to your FAFSA. If it is unavailable, you may estimate the information and use the tool once your taxes have been accepted and processed by the IRS. The Department of Education will send a series of emails reminding you to update your FAFSA if you initially use estimates.