- Naming Opportunities: There are various naming opportunities available and we would be proud to have you forever associated with the Powerhouse.
- Multi-Year Cash Pledge: You can commit to a gift over several years to fit your needs and claim a charitable deduction in each year a portion is given.
- Appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds: Held long-term (more than 1 year), any of these appreciated assets make an excellent gift. You avoid capital gains, receive a charitable deduction for full market value, and can deduct it up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income.
- IRA Charitable Rollover: If you’re 70 ½ or older with an IRA, you can transfer up to $100,000 annually from your IRA account directly to Beloit College. You won’t be subject to income tax on the qualified charitable distribution and your adjusted gross income is lowered.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: In exchange for a gift of cash, stock or other securities, Beloit will pay you and your survivor, or another person you name, a guaranteed income for life. You receive a substantial charitable deduction, and part of the income is tax-free. The gift remainder can support the Endowed Fund for the Powerhouse.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (Annuity & Unitrusts): Appreciated securities and real estate are tax-advantageous ways to fund a CRT. Donor selects a rate of return, and income is paid for life or a term of years. Capital gains are avoided, multiple income beneficiaries are possible, asset diversification and flexibility for retirement planning needs are also possible. The gift remainder can support the Endowed Fund for the Powerhouse.
- Gift from a Will or Trust: Provide for a gift to the Powerhouse in your will or trust and know that this special place will be enjoyed by future students.
- Beneficiary Designations: Use the beneficiary designation for the Powerhouse to receive all or a portion of the proceeds from retirement plans or life insurance policies. Each vehicle provides its distinct tax advantages.
- CDs, Savings Accounts, Brokerage Accounts, Checking Accounts with P.O.D. (Payable on Death) Provisions: Retain full ownership and control during your life. At death, the account balance is paid to support the Powerhouse immediately and without probate.
- Outright Gift of Real Estate: Land, a house, vacation home, or commercial property can all become charitable gifts. You get a charitable deduction for full market value, and all capital gains are avoided.
“This project should be a model—for connecting college to community, campus to river, and our city’s past to its future while honoring the role Alliant Energy and its employees played in powering our state’s growth over a century.” — Scott Bierman, President, Beloit College