Thinking & Doing
A Beloit state of mind
There’s a huge difference between getting an education and being so immersed, so transformed, so enthralled with living and learning here that your education never really starts or stops.
- 1846the year Beloit was founded (before Wisconsin became a state)
- #1most diverse college in Wisconsin
- 37,000the city of Beloit’s population
- 22%percentage of international students
- #34Best Liberal Arts College - Washington Monthly (2019)
- 10:1student-to-faculty ratio
real world meets ivory tower
For more than 50 years, Beloiters have used the world around us as a classroom.
We believe people learn best by doing
More than ‘Midwest nice’
Beloit’s close-knit community means open-door policies, more mentors than mascots, support for people of diverse backgrounds, traditions that run deep, and unexpected connections with people and places beyond campus.
Made in Wisconsin, serving the world
There are more than 16,000 Beloit alumni around the globe. They are writers, scientists, lawyers, and CEOs; fundraisers and financiers; artists and actors; smoke-jumpers and small business owners.
They’re the kind of people who have a clear sense of purpose and the agility to thrive in any career. They make a difference throughout their lives — because they can’t imagine doing it any other way.