Grants During Study Abroad
The Office of International Education administers a fund for student projects undertaken during study abroad. These are called Study Abroad Enhancement Grants.
- demonstrated connection to the student’s studies at Beloit College
- evidence that the project will deepen the student’s engagement with the study abroad host site
- demonstrated connection to the student’s program of study abroad
- the strength of the student’s academic record
Funding can support:
- translation costs
- local transportation
- internet access
- cameras/film (Note: equipment must be returned to Beloit College after use)
Other uses of funding will be considered.
Funding cannot support:
- activities already supported by the study abroad program
- the cost of the study abroad itself
Awards will be announced approximately two weeks after the application is submitted.
Project reports and dissemination
Recipients of study abroad enhancement grants are required to complete a brief online learning assessment within one month of completing their project and to share their findings with the campus community, preferably during International Symposium or the Student Research Symposium.
Projects involving research with local people should be approved by the Beloit College Institutional Review Board. Please see guidelines here.