Plan the details.
You know where you want to go. Now it's time to build a plan and prepare your application.
The application for approval is an exercise meant to help you develop purpose, planning and preparation for study abroad. To prepare the application, you should first:
- Gather more information about your study site from Program Ambassadors, evaluations from your peers, available in the OIE, and advisors, and from the program website.
- Select coursework and out-of-class activities at your host institution that will support your goals and connect to your studies.
- Learn about your host country and city, the culture, political climate, history, and academic model.
- Plan out the Cost. Complete a budget worksheet. Learn about financial aid, scholarships, and grants.
- Explore Diversity & Identity Issues in Study Abroad. Find guidance and resources to help you plan and prepare for the identity challenges associated with off-campus study.
Student Resource Room at the OIE: This room, located on the first floor of the OIE, provides you with all the tools you need to further research your chosen program: print materials provided by the university/provider, evaluations written by previous participants, and a computer that you can use to access online resources.