Morocco Exchange Program
Study at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco
Study at a Moroccan university with an emphasis on liberal studies.
- Fall, spring or academic year
- Liberal arts courses taught in English, including international studies, business, North African studies, and science
- Arabic for non-native speakers, French
- Intensive summer Arabic and North African Studies program
- Courses carry .75 Beloit units of credit
- Housing is in men’s and women’s residence halls on campus, sharing a room with a Moroccan student. Meals in campus dining facilities.
- Costs: Beloit College tuition, room and board, the Beloit activities fee and a $50 overseas administrative fee.
- Some competency in French or Arabic is required.
- Additional study of Arabic or French in Morocco is strongly encouraged.
- Previous coursework relative to the understanding of Morocco such as history or political science and religious studies.
- Junior or senior standing preferred
- Program highlights: Many courses with Arab-Islamic culture content taught in English, open to students in all academic disciplines, learn the Moroccan perspective on your fields of study, excellent library and classroom facilities, country with a distinct mix of Berber, Islamic, French, and Arab/African cultures with strong religious ties to the middle East, university located in a ski resort town in the High Atlas mountains near historical imperial cities of Fes and Meknes.
- Grades: US System
- Credit Translation Table:
US Semester Hours Beloit Units 1 .25 2 .5 3 .75 4 1.0 5 1.25 6 1.5
Photos by Jennifer Scott'01