Access: Study Abroad is for Everyone!
Beloit College has made a strong commitment to encouraging diversity and fostering a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender, religion, or any other difference in background or identity.
Students with Disabilities Can Study Abroad
Disability is not considered in determining eligibility to study abroad at Beloit College. However, disability may affect program choice, as disability supports vary from country to country and institution to institution. Study abroad advisors in the Office of International Education can help students with disabilities determine which locations will best suit their needs. If you have a disability and need accommodation, visit our page on Disability Services Abroad for information on support available abroad.
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA): Going Abroad: A Guide for Americans with Disabilities and Stories & Blogs
- US Department of State: Travelers with Disabilities
Low-Income Students Can Study Abroad
- There are study options that cost less that a semester at Beloit College. See list here.
- Diversity Abroad has tips on how economically disadvantaged students can make study abroad financially feasible.
- Scholarships are available to off-set costs.
LGBTQ Students Can Study Abroad
Legal and social attitudes towards sexuality and gender vary considerably across cultures. Do your research while applying and preparing for off-campus study so that you know what to expect and how to stay safe and avoid persecution.
- GoAbroad: An LGBT Student Guide to Studying Abroad
- International Gay & Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC): Information by Country
- International Lesbian and Gay Association: State Homophobia Map
- Pew Global Research: Attitudes towards Homosexuality
- Michigan State University: Study Abroad for GLBT Students
- University of South Florida: LGBT Student Guide for Going Abroad
- University of Chicago: A Compilation of Cross-national Studies of Attitudes towards Homosexuality and Gay Rights
- U.S. Department of State: Students Abroad For LGBT Traveler
Athletes Can Study Abroad
Stay strong. Stay Focused. Stay Connected. Stay for the season. Then, go abroad!
See a list of programs here with training facilities, sports programs, and calendars that avoid your season and off-season schedule.
Students in All Majors Can Study Abroad
See recommended programs for each major and minor here!
Studying abroad can enhance and expand learning in all disciplines, and is an effective High Impact Practice that epitomizes the liberal arts in practice.
Undocumented Students Can Study Off-Campus
As an undocumented student, your ability to travel outside the country and gain re-entry is restricted, but it is not impossible. Under laws current in 2016, you may be able to qualify for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). The future of this law is in question in 2017, but information can be found on this website.