Apply for your program.
The off-campus study application process has two steps: you must get approval from the OIE before applying to a study abroad program or university abroad.
1) Submit a Study Abroad Plan to the OIE
Deadlines: November 3, 2014 (early decision) and February 2, 2015 (final)
NOTE: The application system will not accept applications for the Feb. 2 deadline until after Nov. 30th, 2014.
- Instructions for StudioAbroad Application
- StudioAbroad Application (Beloit user name and password)
- Three recommendations (2 faculty, 1 peer), requested and submitted through StudioAbroad
- An unofficial transcript from the Portal, submitted as a PDF via StudioAbroad or printed and brought to the OIE on the deadline
- A 15-minute interview with a faculty member about your study abroad plan - sign up for a time slot when you turn in your transcript
- Attend an Application Writing Session for an explanation of the application process and guidance in preparing your essays.
- Off-Campus Study Learning Goals: Keep these goals in mind while writing your essays.
- Application example 1, Application example 2: Read both examples of essays that meet the high standard expected of Beloit College students. See the criteria used to evaluate essays in the rubrics below:
- Off-Campus Study and the Liberal Arts in Practice Requirement: Find out how to satisfy your LAP requirement through off-campus study.
- Sample Recommendation for Off-Campus Study: This is just a sample. Recommendations must be requested electronically through the online application system.
- If you plan to do independent research during your study abroad experience, you must have your project reviewed by the Beloit College Institutional Review Board (IRB).
2) After receiving approval from the OIE, apply directly to your host university (exchange and direct enrollment), ISEP, or program provider.
**NOTE: All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP go through the OIE**