Application Essay Prompts
- November 1: Study abroad for either semester in the following academic year
- February 1: Study abroad & domestic off-campus study for either semester in the following academic year
NOTE: Funding permitted, it may be possible to apply in September to study abroad in the spring semester of the same academic year.
1. Pick an option and prepare your essays in consultation with a study abroad advisor & your faculty advisor(s)
2. Submit your application via StudioAbroad
- Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit user name and password. Follow these instructions.
- Complete the other components of the application, including your course lists
- Secure 3 recommendation, 2 from faculty members and 1 from a peer. Share your essays with them, and identify them in StudioAbroad. They will receive a message asking them to complete the on-line recommendation form.
- Upload your academic record from the Portal into the application.
3. The day of the deadline.
By 3:30 p.m.:
- Bring a copy of your unofficial transcript to OIE for inclusion in your paper application file.
- At this time, schedule a 15-minute interview with a member of the Committee on International Education (study abroad applicants only).
NOTE: All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP go through OIE.
- Links and resources for preparing your application essay on social identities abroad.
- Off-Campus Study Learning Goals: Keep these goals in mind while writing your essays.
- Attend an Application Writing Session for an explanation of the application process and guidance in preparing your plan.
- Post-study abroad reflective essays. Read about other students' experiences. The essays are on file in the main OIE office.
- Off-Campus Study and the Liberal Arts in Practice Requirement: Find out how to satisfy your LAP requirement through off-campus study.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) guidelines for students intending to conduct research abroad