- November 1 or February 1 for fall and/or spring of the following academic year
Domestic off-campus study:
- February 1 - for fall or spring of the following academic year
- Submit your plan (application) for study abroad or domestic off-campus study by the deadlines above through the StudioAbroad on-line application system.
- Upon approval of the plan by the Committee on International Education, apply for admission to the relevant university/program.
Pick an Option and Prepare your Plan (in consultation with an OIE advisor)
- Study abroad: Use these prompts and rubrics to write the 4 essays that will form the heart of your plan
- Domestic off-campus study: Use these prompts and rubrics to write the 3 essays that will form your plan
Review your Plan
- Check your essays against the rubrics (links immediately above)
- Have your essays read by one or more others
Submit your Plan
- Via the StudioAbroad on-line application system (access it using our Beloit user name and password)
- Complete the other components of the application, including your course lists
- RECOMMENDATIONS. Ask 2 faculty members and 1 peer to recommend you. Share your essays with them, and identify them in StudioAbroad so that they will receive the on-line recommendation form to complete.
- Upload your academic record from the Portal into the application.
The day of the deadline.
By 3:30 p.m.:
- Bring a copy of your unofficial transcript to OIE for inclusion in your paper application file.
- Schedule a 15-minute interview with a member of the Committee on International Education when you visit OIE (study abroad applicants only).
- Links and resources for preparing your application essay on social identities abroad.
- Off-Campus Study Learning Goals: Keep these goals in mind while writing your essays.
- OIE Advisors. To schedule an appointment contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to also consult your faculty advisor(s)
- Instructions for the StudioAbroad Application
- Attend an Application Writing Session for an explanation of the application process and guidance in preparing your plan.
- Other students' plans:
- Another student's course list and other application information
- Post-study abroad reflective essays. On file in the OIE student resource room.
- Off-Campus Study and the Liberal Arts in Practice Requirement: Find out how to satisfy your LAP requirement through off-campus study.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) guidelines for students intending to conduct research abroad
**NOTE: All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP go through the OIE**
**NOTE: From time to time and funding permitted, it can be possible to apply in September to study off-campus in the spring semester.**