International Education Week: November 14-18, 2016
Monday, November 14
12:30 PM-1:30PM - Understanding the Study Abroad Application Process: Tips for Writing Your Application, Office of International Education
Tuesday, November 15
7 PM - International Poetry Reading, Pearsons Hall-Moore Lounge
Wednesday, November 16
All Day - International Symposium Day
7:30 PM - Stone Lecture: Hasan Hasanović, "Surviving Genocide: Srebrenica, July 1995." Richardson Auditorium, Morse-Ingersoll Hall
Resources on Srebrenica and the Bosnian Conflict
- "Srebrenica: Mapping Genocide" 39-minute video-documentary animation-reconstruction
- "Srebrenica: The Dutch Role in the Massacre" 9-minute documentary on the failure of the Dutch peace keeping mission to prevent the genocide from happening
- "Death of Yugoslavia: Pax Americana", first 8-minutes. American inaction.
- Wagner, Sarah. "To Know Where He Lies: DNA Technology and the Search for Srebrenica's Missing." 21-page chapter the fall of Srebrenica and the failure of the UN Peace Keeping Mission. On reserve in Morse Library.
- Morse Library Research Guide on the Bosnian Conflict and the Srebrenica Genocide
Thursday, November 17
4:00 PM-5:30 PM - International Education Open House with LIVE MUSIC, cosponsored by I-Club, Office of International Education/International House
Saturday, November 19
2:00 PM-3:00 PM - Multicultural Fair with performances and snacks, sponsored by I-Club, Science Center Atrium
Science Center Atrium: Study Abroad Fall Photo Contest on display
Morse Library Display Cases: Lessons from Bosnia for Human Rights
About International Education Week Established in 1999, this joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education promotes the international education of all students studying at U.S. college and universities. Beloit College has participated in the initiative since its inception with activities reflecting the many different ways in which the college and its alumni, students, staff and faculty engage with the world at home and abroad.