Language Resources on Campus and around the Web
Language Learning Resources
Studying in another language -- any other language -- can be a challenge. Whether it's a question about understanding an assignment or a need to express yourself clearly in writing or speaking, we encourage you to ask for help when you need it. Who can you ask? Talk with these people here on campus:
- Language teaching faculty
- Teaching Assistants (TA) in your additional language course
- course tutors in the Learning Enrichment and Disability Services (LEADS) Office
- peer tutors in the Writing Center
Of course, there are many excellent resources for additional language practice online. Listed below are just a few of them:
- Ignite Chinese has many ideas, materials and reflections.
- A very popular site for lots of languages, including English is Duolingo.
- Lots of resources in various media forms can be found at French Amis.
- More links and trendy ideas at this French blog site.
- The German Project is a helpful resource for beginners.
- Language and culture resources are easily accessible at this Japanese learning site.
- Russian lessons here!
Summer Language Learning Opportunities
The Center for Language Studies offers immersion courses each summer in Chinese, Japanese, and Russian.