Other opportunities available to WiscAMP students
- If, after a student completes their first year, they are interested in deepening their understanding of science and math to enhance success, the WiscAMP Summer Excel Program is an excellent option. Students are exposed to research and core science information while staying at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The program is free of cost and students receive a stipend for participation.
- Opportunities exist for students to receive funding to pursue research both during the academic year and summer. This is an invaluable opportunity to get hands-on experience and knowledge outside the classroom.
- WiscAMP actively works with the Beloit College McNair Scholars program to support and encourage students to pursue advanced degrees in STEM fields.
- Students are eligible to apply to a LSAMP graduate school in a STEM area. Benefits include application fee waiver, a scholarship for tuition, and a substantial stipend for the first two years which is paid by the federal government. Individual schools provide support after the first two years.
- Eligibility Requirements: Students who identify as African-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Native American, or Alaskan Native who plan to major/minor in STEM fields. Students must be a US Citizen or Permanent resident.