(VIEW OUR ONLINE CALENDAR FOR CURRENT UPDATES AND INVITATIONS) :
Welcome! Thank you for supporting your student’s participation in the Upward Bound (UB) program. We know with your support and encouragement, not only will your student be accepted to college, they will be successful there.
Here are some things to know about the program. In order to remain a qualified UB participant, attendance for the following activities is required:
- Weekly Tutoring
- Monthly Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- 6-Week Summer Program
Students who do not meet these requirements can be dismissed at any time from the program. We, however, have found families who support their students in the following ways have a significant impact on their students’ success in the program:
- Provide or arrange transportation for your student to get to any UB activities.
- Whenever possible, honor your student’s commitment to the program by not scheduling anything conflicting with scheduled UB activities.
- Remind your student of their commitment to UB when they are presented with a conflicting activity or opportunity.
- If your student is unable to attend an event, please communicate with the UB Team in a timely manner.
- Please attend special events with your student, when possible. Your attendance sends the message, “this is important and has value.”
- Keep contact information current with the UB Team.
The goal of the UB program is to help develop qualities required to be successful in their post-secondary education. This can only be met if the students and their families are involved and work proactively with the UB Team. Thank you for being a key part of your student’s journey toward achieving their dreams.
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions, concerns, or need additional information or assistance.
We look forward to working with you and supporting your student,
The Upward Bound Team
Beloit College Upward Bound
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Telephone: (608) 363-2725