Outdoor Recreation Grant
BCORG is a grant program designed to increase access to the outdoors for all students in the Beloit College community.
The goal of the Beloit College Outdoor Recreation Grant (BCORG) is to provide funding, staffing, and any other assistance needed for groups or individuals who would like to spend more of their time outdoors or engage in recreational activities. BCORG is student-run and committed to equity in outdoor recreation.
- Applications must be submitted at least a week before your planned event or activity.
- Participants at your event must follow Beloit College’s safety guidelines.
- Money can be used for just about anything that will make your event successful — food, decorations, activities, and transportation are all acceptable expenses.
- The purchase of alcohol is not permitted.
- Money cannot be used to help students buy gear. Students are able to check out outdoor equipment through Gear Shack.
- If there is communal gear that is not currently available (sleds, more snowshoes, hiking poles, etc.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Event Type||Identity-Based Group||Other Groups|
|At the Boathouse or a trip through the Gear Shack||$200||$100|
|Other outdoor events||$150||$50|
Groups may collaborate with other groups to increase the funding cap for an event.
Students seeking funding should complete an grant application.