Our goal is to make water-recreation accessible to everyone.
Students, faculty, staff are encouraged to come check out our kayaks and canoes for free. It is currently closed to the greater Beloit public community.
No experience necessary
The Boathouse is the perfect place to try canoeing or kayaking for the first time. Our friendly student-staff will teach you everything you need to know before sending you out on the water. Our kayak/canoe launch is located along the Rock River, on a section that is wide and slow-moving.
We host events!
- Open boating hours: We host open boating hours almost everyday, weather permitting. We typically open in early April and close for the season in mid October. No need to reserve a time for a small group, drop ins are welcome. Please connect to our Instagram page (@beloitcollegecampusrec) for updates.
- Private events: We love to host Beloit College and community groups at the Boathouse. Groups will have full access to our grounds, yard game collection, charcoal grills, campfire pit, and (of course) boats! We provide adequate staffing for all private events to ensure the safety of the group. Email us at email@example.com to plan your private event.
- Campus events: When there are big events on campus (Homecoming, Reunions, etc.), you can feel confident that we will host an event for the campus community.
- Our staff will teach you how to properly fit your life jacket, which must be worn at all times on the water.
- A waiver is required prior to boating.
We have a floating dock with an ADA-accessible kayak launch which makes getting onto the water a snap for everyone, including those with mobility restrictions.
Where is the Buccaneer Boathouse?
We are located 1876 S Riverside Drive, Beloit, WI 53511.
Tuesday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Thursday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Friday: By Reservation Only
Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm