SEL Program participants begin their college journey with our 10-day fully funded Summer Institute. This gives our students a detailed, personalized, informed start to their college career!
What happens during Summer Institute?
- Tour the campus
- Explore the city
- Meet key faculty and staff
- Attend valuable workshops
- Take a course for Beloit College credit
- Bond with other participants and SEL peer mentors
- Attend academic, social, and cultural enrichment events and activities
- Learn what the SEL Program can do for you
What are the benefits?
- Develop personal, academic, and social skills necessary for college success
- Earn college credits
- Learn Beloit College standards and expectations
- Complete assessments that will help you set and achieve your goals
- Create a network of faculty, staff, and peer connections in a supportive environment
- Meet your peer mentors and bond with other first-year students
- Get a head start on learning about the campus and surrounding community
- Enjoy social enrichment opportunities
When is it?
Students attend the Summer Institute Sat. August 13, 2022 through Monday, August 22, 2022 and will reside on campus until the start of their required New Student Days.
What does it cost?
Nothing! It is fully funded on your behalf!
Who will be there?
SEL Summer Institute is for all first-year, transfer, and continuing Beloit College students newly admitted to the Student Excellence and Leadership (SEL) program at Beloit College.
Where will I live?
You will live in the Beloit College residence halls. Choose your side of the room before your assigned roommate arrives!
How can I apply?
Apply by filling out the SEL Application.
Where do I go for more information?
For additional information please contact our staff at 608-363-2695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.