Beloit Student Government
For Beloiters, By Beloiters.
The mission of Beloit Student Government (BSG) is to listen to and advocate for the student body in partnership with the administration, to promote inclusivity and diversity on campus, and to support students in their academic, co-curricular, and residential lives. Members of BSG commit to acting with respect and concern for all of their fellow students and to fulfilling the responsibilities of their position to the fullest of their abilities.
Statement of Culture and Behavioral Expectations
During the summer of 2022, the Beloit Student Government led the most recent initiative to rewrite our Statement of Culture. You can find the updated statement here:
Bylaws and Documents
Funding Board Members
- President is chosen via a campus-wide election during the fall semester. The term for President is January through December. The President handles external matters of BSG and regularly meets with necessary faculty and staff of Beloit College.
- Vice President is chosen via a campus-wide election during the fall semester. The term for Vice President is January through December. The President handles internal matters of BSG and oversees the subcommittees of BSG.
- Funding Board Director is chosen via a campus-wide election during the spring semester. The term for Funding Board Director is June through May. The Funding Board Director must have experience as a member of the Funding Board.
- Communications Director is chosen via a campus-wide election during the spring semester. The Communications Director is responsible for creating a platform to understand the work of the Student Government and help bridge the gaps within College resources and access through social media; StuBoard; a weekly BSG column in The Round Table; and consistent postering across campus. They lead the Communications Team. The term for Communications Director is June through May.
- Funding Board Members are appointed by the Funding Board Director with input from the BSG President and Advisor of BSG. The term for Funding Board Members is one semester.
- Communications Team Members are appointed by the Communications Director with input from the BSG President and Advisor of BSG. The term for Communications Team Members is August through May.
- The BSG Advisor will oversee the election process and calculate the results.
- At least 25% of the student body must vote in any all-campus election. If this quorum is not reached, a day extension will occur, during which all standard publication must be repeated, this will be repeated daily until quorum is reached. If 25% is still not reached after 5 daily extensions, this quorum is automatically waived.