Beloit Student Government
The voice of the students.
The mission of Beloit Student Government is to listen to and advocate for the student body in partnership with the administration, to disperse student activity funds fairly and responsibly, and to support students both in co-curricular activities and in their residential lives. Members of BSG commit to acting with respect and concern for all of their fellow students and to fulfilling the responsibilities of their position to the fullest of their abilities.
Statement of Culture and Behavioral Expectations
During the summer of 2020, the Beloit Student Government led an initiative to rewrite our Statement of Culture and our Behavioral Expectations. You can find the updated statements here:
Bylaws and Documents
Class of 2021
Class of 2021
BSG Communications Director
Class of 2022
Director of Student Engagement & Leadership
Funding Board Members
- Co-Presidents are chosen via a campus-wide election during the fall semester. The term for Co-President is January through December.
- COO Director is chosen via an election within COO during the fall semester. The term for COO Director is January through December.
- Funding Board Director is chosen via a campus-wide election during the spring semester. The term for Funding Board Director is August through May. The Funding Board Director must have experience as a member of the Funding Board.
- Communications Director is chosen via a campus-wide election during the spring semester. The term for Communications Director is August through May.
- Funding Board Members are appointed by the Funding Board Director with input from the Co-Presidents and Advisor of BSG. The term for Funding Board Members is one semester.
- Communications Team Members are appointed by the Communications Director with input from the Co-Presidents and Advisor of BSG. The term for Communications Team Members is August through May.
- The BSG Advisor will oversee the election process and calculate the results.
- At least 25% of the student body must vote in any all-campus election. If this quorum is not reached, a five day extension will occur, during which all standard publication must be repeated. If 25% is still not reached after this extension, this quorum is automatically waived.