Office of Safety & Security
The Office of Safety & Security is here to assist students, faculty, staff and guests in having a rich, rewarding and safe experience at Beloit College.
Safety & Security offers a number of services to help deter crime and help everyone not only be safe, but to feel safe and comfortable as you pursue your education or career. We offer:
- Uniformed officers on patrol twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, throughout campus, including patrols through the residential halls.
- We provide safety escorts on campus, anytime of day or night.
- We respond to all campus emergencies, disturbances, or calls for assistance.
- Documentation and initial investigation of all incidents
- We can assist you in reaching the after hours on call Dean’s staff.
- Routine locking & unlocking of academic areas. Residential Halls are locked 24/7 and should remain locked for your safety.
- Officers are trained in first aid, CPR, AEDs and we are available to respond for any accidents or illnesses.
- Escorts to the campus Health & Wellness Center during business hours.
- After hours medical transport to and from the local hospital and local convenient/urgent care clinics.
- If you need to file a police report for an incident, Security Officers can assist you in doing so.
- We will assist you if you are locked out of your room, or other approved areas.
- We will change the lock to your room if you have lost your keys. Report the loss to the Residential Life Office and they will authorize us to change your lock.
- After hours response for mechanical emergencies such as leaks, loss of electrical power, no heat, etc.
- We perform numerous safety checks of fire equipment, exit lighting, exterior lighting, AEDs, emergency telephones, etc.
- We maintain the campus fleet vans and take care of reservations, drivers records checks & drivers training for first time student drivers. Note that the COVID-19 Task Force has mandated that until further notice:
- Only one person, the driver, may be inside of a Beloit College car
- Only the driver and one passenger may be inside of a seven passenger van
- Only the driver and two passengers may be inside a twelve passenger van
- The purpose of the occupancy restrictions in the above mentioned vehicles is to help maintain social distancing as much as possible during transit.
- We maintain Security Cameras and review video evidence as needed
If you are not sure who you should contact, stop by, or give us a call (608-363-2355). If we can’t help you with the situation, we will be able to help point you in the right direction.