Employees, dependents, community members, and high school students.
Special students register for classes on a space-available basis after degree-seeking students select their courses. Beloit College cannot guarantee that you will be able to enroll in a course, but we hope that it works out for you and present these suggestions to help facilitate the process.
- Search for course(s). You can view courses by department, time, course number, and other criteria.
- Contact the professor in advance of the course(s) for which you’d like to sign up. You’ll need to pick up a drop/add card at the Registrar’s Office, fill it out, and have it signed by the instructor.
- Complete a Special Student Application. This must be done each semester you plan to take a course at Beloit College.
- If you have any special needs, please contact the Learning Enrichment & Disability Services Office in advance of signing up for a course.
- Sign the drop/add card and submit it and your application to the Registrar’s Office.
After signing up for a class:
- Go to the library to have your picture taken for a Beloit College ID, if you do not already have one.
- A Beloit College email address will be emailed to you. If you do not receive it, please contact Information Technology. You will need a Beloit College email address to access Moodle, a course management system that professors often use to post assignments, syllabi, and discussions.
- Beloit’s bookstore recommends attending the first day of classes to obtain your syllabus before purchasing books, as some materials may be optional. Check the website for hours, policies, and information for purchasing books online.
- Pay attention to add/drop dates, grading, and attendance policies. These are real classes, and if you stop attending without formally dropping the course, you will have a failing grade on your permanent record. Special students (including Early College Credit students) are subject to the same cancellation policies and fees as outlined in the course catalog.