How to register for courses next semester.
As a full-time student, you must sign up for courses in both mods during online course registration.
Although the semester will be broken into mods, it will be treated as a single semester by the college as stipulated by the U.S. Department of Education. Students must take courses in both mods to qualify for financial aid for the semester and, to qualify as a full-time student, must be enrolled for a minimum of 3.0 units during the entire semester.
SPECIAL NOTE: Online add/drop/registration via the Portal is currently unavailable due to a recent software update. While the vendor is working on a fix, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any schedule changes you need to make for Spring 2021.
Registration Dates for Spring 2021 Semester for continuing and returning vacation term students
- Spring 2021 Course Guide
Oct. 28-Spring 2021 course list viewable in the Portal
Oct. 29-Nov. 9: Advising period (schedule a meeting with your advisor)
Nov. 10-14: Online registration — advisor clearance required
- Register online via the Portal on the following 4 days:
Day 1: Tues., Nov. 10: up to 1.00 unit of credit
Day 2: Wed., Nov. 11: up to a total of 2.00 units
Day 3: Thurs., Nov 12: up to a total of 3.00 units
Day 4: Fri., Nov. 13: up to a total of 4.75 units
- On each of the 4 days, follow this timetable:
1:00pm-4:00pm: Seniors (class year 2021)
4:00pm-7:00pm: Sophomores (class years 2023)
7:00pm-10:00pm: Juniors (class year 2022) and First-Years (class year 2024)
- You will receive confirmation of your registration time and class year from the Registrar in an email during the week of October 26, but you can also view your class year in the Portal. After you log in, you’ll see at the top of the page a link to “Advising Detail for Students”, which will show your class year, highlighted in yellow.
NOTE: Online registration closes at 10:00 am on Nov. 11, 12, and 13, in preparation for the next registration period that begins at 1:00 pm. After the final registration period on Nov. 13, online registration will close for the weekend at 10:00 am on Saturday, Nov. 14.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you anticipate a problem connecting to the Portal during your registration time, Registrar Office staff can help you to register. In such a case, you should email your prioritized, primary and alternate, course selections to email@example.com , no later than Nov. 8. Please include the full course code (e.g. ENGL 190 C1), title, and instructor’s last name for each course.
Nov. 16-Dec. 8: Online registration/add/drop period
- Re-opens at 8:00 on Mon., Nov. 16
- Closes at midnight on Tues., Dec 8
- Jan. 14: Courses begin
- Jan. 18: Last day to add Mod 1 and full-term courses
Currently enrolled and vacation term students: Contact your advisor, since you will need advisor clearance in the Portal to register online. Schedule the appointment between Oct. 29 and Nov. 9.
If you are unable to reach your advisor or have other questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help you.