Tutors are a key resource for all students and a great opportunity to engage in collaborative learning.
Tutoring is free to all students currently enrolled at Beloit College.
Chemistry 117 Drop in Teaching Assistant Study Session
When: Sunday 7-9pm, Wednesday 6-8pm and Thursday 6:15-9pm
Where: Science Center 414 or Join Via zoom https://beloit.zoom.us/j/81974761239
Chemistry 220 Drop in Teaching Assistant Study Session
When: Sunday 3-5pm, and Thursday 7-9pm
Where: Science Center 402 or Join Via zoom https://beloit.zoom.us/j/89730296022
Drop in PASS tutoring
Subject: Math 110 & 115
When: Sunday - Thursday 6-9pm
Where: The library (walk in and turn right) or Join Via zoom: https://beloit.zoom.us/j/86563665575
For course-specific tutoring, professors recommend students to work as tutors and they are trained by the LEADS staff. Typically, course-specific tutoring is done in small groups of two, and students can request a tutoring session through the Portal.
Individual Organizational Tutoring
When you need assistance with time management, prioritizing tasks, and staying motivated, organizational tutors can provide strategies and skills to help you succeed. Organizational tutoring can be requested through the Portal. During sessions, you can learn how to:
- establish a daily/weekly schedule
- synthesize the expectations of each course (usually be meshing the syllabi/assignments page)
- take larger projects (i.e. presentations, papers, experiential work) and divide them into smaller, more manageable tasks
- practice relevant strategies such as color-coding folders, as well as backpack, room, and study area organization
- identify and learn how to use tools to stay organized such as using Google calendar or smartphone reminder systems, post-it notes, planners, etc.
- model structured note-taking methods
- implement strategies to stay organized and on-task throughout the semester
- refer to other resources as needed course-specific tutoring, Writing Center, Counseling Center, etc.)