You’ve arrived on site! Now is the time to learn in and out of the classroom, and to get to know and learn from your host environment and its residents. But first, let’s talk about managing emergencies abroad!
Contact an on-site university/program staff member and/or your local Emergency Services.
After handling the situation initially, please contact Beloit College and your guardian:
Beloit College (24 hours): 608/363-2355
Office of International Education (M-F, 8:00-5:00) phone: 608/363-2269, fax: 608/363-2689 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for calling or emailing about an emergency:
- Identify yourself and your location
- State that you are calling about an emergency
- Provide a phone number and/or email address where you can be reached and when
- Provide information about the emergency: who, what, when, where and how
- If the emergency involves someone else, provide contact information for that person
To contact the Office of Overseas Citizens Services in the U.S. call 1-888-407-4747 (during business hours) or 202-647-5225 (after hours).
Incident reporting: If an incident (robbery, mugging, burglary, accident, attack) occurs, report it to email@example.com Provide as much information as possible as to who, what, where, when, and how.
The 2019 International Symposium will take place on Wednesday, November 20th.
Find information session time and place and information on nominating students and submitting abstracts here.