When you apply to study abroad, you create a plan based on your previous studies and experiences, your hopes for your time abroad, and potential post-study abroad endeavors.
Application Essay Prompts
- February 1: Study abroad & domestic off-campus study for either semester in the following academic year.
- Funding permitted, a September 15 application deadline will be scheduled for study abroad in the spring semester of the same academic year.
Pick an option and prepare your essays. But first: consult with a study abroad advisor, meet with your faculty advisor(s), and speak with past study abroad participants. You can also read reflective essays about students’ study abroad experiences in the Office of International Education.
Submit your application via StudioAbroad
Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit user name and password.
Complete the other components of the application, including your course lists.
Secure 3 recommendations, 2 from faculty members and 1 from a peer. Share your essays with them, and identify them in StudioAbroad. They will receive a message asking them to complete a recommendation in the StudioAbroad system.
Upload your academic record from the Portal into the application.
By 3:30 p.m. the day of the deadline.
- Bring a copy of your unofficial transcript to OIE for inclusion in your paper application file.
- At this time, schedule a 15-minute interview with a member of the Committee on International Education (study abroad applicants only).
- Submit a second application to the relevant university/program after being approved to study abroad by Beloit College. Do so earlier rather than later to secure your spot and take care of administrative steps. All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP must be routed through OIE.