When you apply to study abroad, you create a plan based on your previous studies and experiences, your hopes for your time abroad, and potential post-study abroad endeavors.
Semester Study Abroad Application Essay Prompts
Online International Internships
- Online International Internships are credit-bearing and typically earn single or partial course units. They are undertaken as part of a standard Beloit College semester’s coursework.
- February 1 (or the closest Monday to February 1. In 2020, this is February 3). Study abroad & domestic off-campus study for either semester in the following academic year.
- September 21: in-person domestic off-campus study during the spring 2021 semester.
- October 21: Online International Internships during the spring 2021 semester.
Pick an option and prepare your essays. But first: consult with a study abroad advisor, meet with your faculty advisor(s), and speak with past study abroad participants.
Submit your application via StudioAbroad
Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit user name and password.
Complete the other components of the application, including your course lists.
In-person study abroad: Secure 3 recommendations, 2 from faculty members and 1 from a peer. Share your essays with them, and identify them in StudioAbroad. They will receive a message asking them to complete a recommendation in the StudioAbroad system.
- Online international internships: 1 recommendation is required, generally from a faculty advisor. Share your essay with the recommender and identify the person in StudioAbroad. The recommender will be contacted to submit a recommendation.
Upload your academic record from the Portal into the application.
By 3:30 p.m. the day of the deadline.
- Work with Kathy Landon at email@example.com to make sure your application is complete.
- Applicants for in-person study abroad will also need to schedule a 15-minute interview with a member of the Committee on International Education.
- Submit a second application to the relevant university/program after being approved to study abroad by Beloit College. Do so earlier rather than later to secure your spot and take care of administrative steps. All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP must be routed through OIE.