Arrival Day Instructions
Know what to do on new international student arrival day.
This page contains instructions how to get to Beloit’s campus for international student orientation. Different students have different plans, so we have included three (3) different sets of instructions. After reading the general instructions, please proceed to the specific instructions that are most relevant to your arrival.
When to Arrive
International Student Arrival Day for Spring 2020 is January 15, 2020 You may arrive at any time on January 15, but if you have a choice, we recommend arriving earlier in the day.
Where to Arrive
Airport: The recommended arrival airport is Chicago O’Hare (ORD). A recent graduate of Beloit College created a set of instructions for navigating the Chicago O’Hare airport specifically for international students. You can find these on his O’Hare arrival website .
Campus: The campus check-in point will be the Atrium in the Sanger Science Center.
Before you Leave Home
- Write down the following contact information:
- 608-363-2269 (Beloit College Office of International Education)
- 608-313-4035 (The orientation cell phone number)
- 608-363-2355 (Beloit College Security—answered 24 hours/day)
- email@example.com (Shannon’s email address)
- Print out a copy of the instructions for navigating O’Hare or save them to your phone so that you can see them on the day you arrive.
- Submit your travel plans. If you submitted your arrival information through the Portal and received an email back from firstname.lastname@example.org, then we have received them. If you have not submitted your plans through the Portal, then please do so as soon as you can.