Arrival Day Instructions
Know what to do on new international student arrival day.
This page contains instructions how to get to Beloit’s campus for international student orientation. Different students have different plans, so we have included three (3) different sets of instructions. After reading the general instructions, please proceed to the specific instructions that are most relevant to your arrival.
When to Arrive
New international students should plan to arrive on the Beloit College campus on August 23 or August 24 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. More detailed information will be posted soon about how arrival procedures will be modified to align with the ongoing COVID-19 response.
Where to Arrive
Airport: The recommended arrival airport is Chicago O’Hare (ORD). A recent graduate of Beloit College created a set of instructions for navigating the Chicago O’Hare airport specifically for international students. You can find these on his O’Hare arrival website .
Campus: The campus check-in point will be the Office of International Education at 717 Chapin Street.
Before you Leave Home
- Write down the following contact information:
- 608-363-2269 (Beloit College Office of International Education)
- 608-313-4035 (The orientation cell phone number)
- 608-363-2355 (Beloit College Security—answered 24 hours/day)
- email@example.com (Shannon’s email address)
- Print out a copy of the instructions for navigating O’Hare or save them to your phone so that you can see them on the day you arrive.
- Submit your travel plans. If you submitted your arrival information through the Portal and received an email back from firstname.lastname@example.org, then we have received them. If you have not submitted your plans through the Portal, then please do so as soon as you can.