Register For Classes
Your first course, professor, advisor, and friends.
Sign up for an advising appointment with your AMP Advisor to discuss your fall course schedule!
Appointments are available between July 20 and July 30. Reach out to your AMP Advisor or email@example.com with questions. Sign in with the email address you used to create your admissions account.
Related checklist items
- Now - Questionnaire for Advisor
- Now – Final High School Transcript
- Now – College Transfer Credit Reporting
- Now - AP score reporting
- Now – Modern Languages Placement Exams/Conversations
Mark your Calendar
- July 16 - Registration for individual advising appointments begins
- July 16 - Dance, STEM, Greek/Latin/Ancient Mediterranean Studies, Pre-Health, Music, Teacher Certification and Career Works info sessions
- July 19 - Theatre, and Modern Languages (Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish) info sessions
- July 20-30 – Advising and Fall Class Registration (individual appointments with your AMP Advisor)
- August 23 – First Day of Classes
Once you have completed your studies at your current school and have graduated high school or finished your college exams, please arrange to have your final official transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions.
If applicable, official results of your AP/IB/etc. exams should also be reported to Beloit College, so they can be evaluated for credit. A student may request an official score report of AP results at https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/sending-scores/free-score-send. More information about AP credit can be found on the Registrar’s webpage.
Before New Student Days, your Beloit College transcript will be updated to reflect any credit received. You can view your transcript on the Portal.
We strongly encourage you either to continue studying the language you have already begun studying or to take on a new language during your time at Beloit.
In particular, if you have previously studied a language, please contact a professor or take a placement exam before July 1. You and your advisor can then use the results to better plan your first semester at Beloit.
Registering for Courses/Advising and Mentoring
During our orientation series, we will be information that talk about how we do advising, college requirements, and how to register for courses. We will also have opportunities for you to talk with an AMP Advisor and SOAR students (peer, trained students) to ask any and all questions you may have about the process, and to assist you in exploring courses and building a schedule for success.
In late July, all new students will have an individual appointment with their assigned initial AMP Advisor to make final selections and register for courses. Instructions for scheduling your appointment will be shared in the weeks prior to the registration period.
If you have a disability, Learning Enrichment and Disability Services (LEADS) staff are here to help. If you plan to have accommodations like special housing arrangements, extra time on exams, print materials in an audio format, and other such assistance, contact LEADS (608-363-2572 or firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to set up these resources.
Textbooks and Course Materials
Beloit College is here to help you quickly and easily obtain all of your course materials and books through our online textbook ordering service. Through this service, created in partnership with Akademos, Inc., Beloit College allows students to purchase their books and other required course materials at the Beloit College Online Bookstore prior to the start of classes and to charge these purchases directly to their student account.
What to know about charging your student account for bookstore purchases:
- The textbook ordering service is available to all students, pending Bursar’s Office approval of individual student accounts.
- Each student will be able to charge to their student account, up to $800 per semester, for required course materials at the Beloit College Online Bookstore.
- Purchases that can be charged to the student account are limited to textbooks, art supplies, office supplies, and supplies for your residence hall room.
- Charging directly to your student account will end approximately two weeks after the start of the second mod. You will have time to get your second mod books and materials right when you need them.
- Approval for charging your student account is required for each semester separately, and all purchases on the student account must be made through the Beloit College Online Bookstore.
In order to obtain student account charging privileges, students must be approved by the Bursar’s Office in Financial Services.
- The Bursar’s Office will approve and notify the Bookstore directly if one of the following requirements have been met:
- Your student account is paid in full for the current Semester.
- A payment plan is set up with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for the current semester. (Payment plan must be current and not past due)
- To make a payment on your account or set up a payment plan, please visit beloit.afford.com