Concierge Internship Program
Apply for a paid internship within a Beloit area business to gain invaluable work experience.
Fall 2023 opportunities
We are looking for four high-achieving and reliable juniors and seniors to take part in paid internships with Beloit area businesses. You will gain invaluable work experience under the guidance of Tim Leslie (Executive Director of Impact Beloit) and a Beloit College alum.
- Work 8-10 hours a week.
- Market rate pay ($18-$20 per hour).
- Begins Oct 23rd and ends May 3rd, subject to all school breaks (fall, winter, and spring).
- Course credit is possible (0.5 units for fall second module and 1.0 units for spring). For course credit, you will prepare reflections and meet every other week to discuss the internship.
Internship opportunities are open for the following companies in the Beloit area:
- Fairbanks Morse Defense (FMD) builds, maintains, and services the most trusted naval power and propulsion systems on the planet. For more than 100 years, FMD has been a principal supplier of a growing array of leading marine technologies, OEM parts, and turnkey services to the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard.
- Kerry Ingredients is an international leader in taste & nutrition innovation. They create food and beverage ingredients for people to enjoy and feel better consuming.
- Mid-States Concrete Industries is a design-engineering company; it designs, engineers, produces and installs precast concrete elements and buildings.
Regardless of your interest in these companies or industries, all three companies are providing roles that will help you build skills, gain work experience, and make business connections.
Students will have a range of roles to choose from project management, product management, technology/engineering (programming and other), human resources, finance, legal, marketing, and operations based on your skills and interest.
Successful candidates for the internship positions must:
- Be a junior or senior.
- Be able to work at least 8 and ideally 10 hours per week.
- Demonstrate a history of responsible, highly dependable behavior.
For more information, please contact Tim Leslie.
About the Impact Beloit Concierge Internship Program
The Impact Beloit Concierge Internship Pilot provides high-achieving seniors (or juniors) paid internship opportunities within a Beloit area business to gain invaluable work experience and networking opportunities.
Students are overseen by the Executive Director of Impact Beloit as well as at least one Beloit College alum.
An internship placement with any of the companies participating in this program will be extremely valuable for your skill and career development. As a Concierge Intern, you will gain valuable, hands-on experience working on projects integral to the operations of the business and develop and hone your professional skills. You will develop professionally through on the job experience, as well through faculty/staff and alumni advising and peer-to-peer sharing. The internship will give you excellent experience as you pursue future career paths and navigate future jobs.