When you apply to study abroad, you create a plan based on your previous studies and experiences, your hopes for your time abroad, and potential post-study abroad endeavors.
- September 15, 2022: late deadline for spring 2023 semester pending budget and places.
- February 1, 2023 for study abroad during academic year 2023-24 (fall, spring, academic year)
- Consult with a study abroad advisor to select options that fit your academic goals. Work with your advisor throughout the application process. To make an appointment, go to Handshake.
Meet with your faculty advisor(s) to discuss your plans and request a recommendation for the application. See recommendation questions here.
- Plan to register for the Pre-Departure Workshop (.25 units) the semester before you study away. (I.E. take the course in fall if you are studying away in spring; take the course in spring if you are studying away in fall/academic year).
Prepare your application in StudioAbroad
- Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit username and password.
- Complete the short-answer and long-answer questions of the application. (We recommend that you compose, share and revise your essays in a word processing program rather than typing directly into the application form.)
- Request your recommendation within the StudioAbroad application. Your faculty advisor will receive a message asking them to complete a recommendation in the StudioAbroad system.
- Upload your unofficial transcript from the Portal into the application.
- Receive approval from the Global Experience Office and the Global Experience Committee
- Participate in the Pre-Departure Workshop for the semester before you study off-campus
- Submit a second application to the relevant university/program after being approved to study abroad by Beloit College. Do so earlier rather than later to secure your spot and take care of administrative steps.