When you apply to study abroad, you create a plan based on your previous studies and experiences, your hopes for your time abroad, and potential post-study abroad endeavors.
- February 1, 2022 for study abroad during academic year 2022-23 (fall, spring, academic year)
- September 15, 2022: late deadline for spring 2023 semester pending budget and places.
- Consult with a study abroad advisor to select options that fit your academic goals. To make an appointment, go to Handshake.
- Meet with your faculty advisor(s) to discuss your plans and request a recommendation for the application. See recommendation questions here.
Prepare your application in StudioAbroad
- Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit username and password.
- Complete the short-answer and long-answer questions of the application. (We recommend that you compose, share and revise your essays in a word processing program rather than typing directly into the application form.)
- Request your recommendation within the StudioAbroad application. Your faculty advisor will receive a message asking them to complete a recommendation in the StudioAbroad system.
- Upload your unofficial transcript from the Portal into the application.
- Receive approval from the Global Experience Office and the Global Experience Committee
- Submit a second application to the relevant university/program after being approved to study abroad by Beloit College. Do so earlier rather than later to secure your spot and take care of administrative steps.
Application Essay Prompts
Semester Study Abroad
- Additional Resources
- Review the application process with a study abroad advisor.
- Learn from peers. Student reflections on their study abroad experiences are on file in the main OIE office. Read them and reach out to returned study abroad students for their input.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) guidelines for students intending to conduct research abroad