When you apply to study abroad, you create a plan based on your previous studies and experiences, your hopes for your time abroad, and potential post-study abroad endeavors.
- February 22, 2021 for study abroad during academic year 2021-22 (fall, spring, academic year)
- September 13, 2021: late deadline for spring 2022 semester pending budget and places.
Pick an option and prepare your essays. But first: consult with a study abroad advisor, meet with your faculty advisor(s), and speak with past study abroad participants.
Submit your application via StudioAbroad
Access StudioAbroad using your Beloit user name and password.
Complete the other components of the application, including your course lists.
In-person study abroad: Secure 3 recommendations, 2 from faculty members and 1 from a peer. Share your essays with them, and identify them in StudioAbroad. They will receive a message asking them to complete a recommendation in the StudioAbroad system.
- Online international internships: 1 recommendation is required, generally from a faculty advisor. Share your essay with the recommender and identify the person in StudioAbroad. The recommender will be contacted to submit a recommendation.
Upload your academic record from the Portal into the application.
By 3:30 p.m. the day of the deadline.
- Work with Kathy Landon at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure your application is complete.
- September 2021 applicants for in-person study abroad in spring 2022 will also need to schedule a 15-minute interview with a member of the Committee on International Education.
- Interviews are being waived for February 2021 applicants due to the constraints of the Mod schedule.
- Submit a second application to the relevant university/program after being approved to study abroad by Beloit College. Do so earlier rather than later to secure your spot and take care of administrative steps. All secondary applications for Beloit exchange programs and ISEP must be routed through OIE.
Application Essay Prompts
Semester Study Abroad
Online International Internships
Online International Internships are credit-bearing and typically earn single or partial course units. They are undertaken as part of a standard Beloit College semester’s coursework.
- Review the application process with a study abroad advisor.
- Attend an Application Writing session.
- Learn from peers. Student reflections on their study abroad experiences are on file in the main OIE office. Read them and reach out to returned study abroad students for their input.
- Liberal Arts in Practice Requirement: Discuss options for fulfilling this and other requirements abroad with your faculty advisor.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) guidelines for students intending to conduct research abroad