Professional Language Training
Working professionals can brush up on their Russian by taking one of two online evening courses.
The deadline to enroll in Professional Language Training courses for Spring 2023 is December 15, 2022.
The Center for Language Studies offers Russian classes designed for professionals who want to continue working while strengthening their Russian fluency.
Students earn four undergraduate credits for each course, which covers the full curriculum of a college semester and includes five language skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural awareness. Classes meet online in three one-hour sessions each week and the homework helps students prepare for each class.
In the advanced class, thought-provoking discussions are conducted primarily in Russian.
Courses, Spring 2023
- 14 week courses: January 23 - May 3, 2023
- Weekly schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 7 - 8 p.m. Central Time (adjustable to needs of students)
- hold an undergraduate degree or be 25 years of age or older
- not currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Four U.S. undergraduate semester credits. Participants will receive a transcript upon completion.