Requesting Additional Financial Assistance
We recognize students and families may encounter special circumstances or emergencies that may change or impact a family’s ability to pay.
Beloit College has two sources of aid to assist current students and families that need additional financial assistance.
- The Reconsideration of Financial Aid Appeal allows students to request a re-evaluation of their financial aid package based upon circumstances and changes you believe deserve consideration, like a loss of income. The Beloit College Student Emergency Aid Program is designed to assist enrolled students with a financial emergency in the current term that might impact their ability to stay enrolled at Beloit College. There is one application process for both programs. Complete and submit the application along with proper documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Your application will be reviewed for one or both programs to see which one you may be eligible for.
- The CARES Act Application should be used for any student who wishes to request support through the CARES Act fund. The CARES Act funding is designed to help students eligible for federal aid defray any additional costs that students experienced due to the disruption of campus operations during the Spring 2020 semester. This funding is designed to assist students with the costs of food, living expenses, utilities, travel, computer, internet/technology, and health care.
Eligible students who wish to be considered for additional financial assistance must submit the Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form to the Financial Aid Office following the process below:
- Submit a completed Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form with all of the necessary documents listed on the form. Documents may be submitted using our secure document upload site.
- For international students to request a re-evaluation of your financial aid package, you must submit a current International Student Financial Aid Application.
- The Financial Aid Office will review your submission and contact you if additional information or clarification is required.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine if the student qualifies for additional financial aid. If you do not, your application will be reviewed for a grant from the Student Emergency Aid Program.
- The Financial Aid Office will notify the student of the decision; if there are changes made to the financial aid offer, the student can view these changes in the Portal under “Financial Services.”
Students eligible to receive federal financial aid are also eligible for financial assistance through the CARES Act funding. The application is simply a google form submitted by the student requesting the assistance. The Financial Aid Office recommends keeping personal records of your requests should the federal government require receipts of your expenses in the future. Submitted appeals will be reviewed within 5-10 business days. Please note: approved applicants will receive their funding within 1-3 weeks. The Bursar’s Office will release the funding via direct deposit for those who have that set up. For those who do not, the funding will be released via a paper check in the mail. Only students who are eligible for federal financial aid are eligible to apply.