Requesting Additional Financial Assistance
We recognize students and families may encounter special circumstances or emergencies that may change or impact a family’s ability to pay.
Beloit College has two avenues for students and their families to request financial assistance.
- The Reconsideration of Financial Aid Appeal allows students to request a re-evaluation of their financial aid package based upon circumstances and changes you believe deserve consideration. Appeals will be considered whether or not the change in circumstances was prompted by the pandemic.
- The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) III application should be submitted if the student and/or the student’s family has been financially impacted by the pandemic. This application process is recommended when families experience a temporary loss of income or unexpected expenses as a result of the pandemic. This funding can assist students with their direct costs (tuition, room, meal plan, etc.,) as well as their indirect costs (transportation, technology, personal expenses, etc.).
Eligible students who wish to be considered for additional financial assistance must submit the Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form to the Financial Aid Office following the process below:
- Submit a completed Request for Additional Financial Assistance Form with all of the necessary documents listed on the form. Documents may be submitted using our secure document upload site.
- For international students to request a re-evaluation of your financial aid package, you must submit a current International Student Financial Aid Application.
- The Financial Aid Office will review your submission and contact you if additional information or clarification is required.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine if the student qualifies for additional financial aid. If you do not, you may be encouraged to apply for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III).
- The Financial Aid Office will notify the student of the decision; if there are changes made to the financial aid offer, the student can view these changes in the Portal under “Financial Services.”
Students who are enrolled as a degree-seeking student at Beloit College are eligible to request financial assistance through the HEERF III application. The application is simply a google form submitted by the student requesting the assistance. Receipts may be required. Submitted appeals will be reviewed within 10-15 business days. Please note: approved applicants will receive their funding within 2-4 weeks.